It used to be, what about now? It turns out that modern health world is now truly assert that there are many benefits of garlic for health. The following will be described at least 9 benefits of garlic that has been supported by a variety of scientific evidence.
1. Detoxify heavy metals from the bodyIn high doses, the sulfur compounds in garlic has been proven able to protect organs from damage due to the nature of toxic heavy metals.
Study for 4 Sunday against the workers in a factory car battery (which often exposed lead) found that consumption of garlic reduces the levels of lead in the blood of up to 19 percent. Garlic also reduces many of the clinical symptoms of lead poisoning, such as headaches and blood pressure.
The granting of 3 doses of garlic every day even known was able to outperform the effectiveness of drug D-penicillamine in reducing the symptoms of poisoning.
2. Improve fitnessGarlic contains substances that are historically known as fitness body-lift. Traditionally, the ancient societies used them to reduce fatigue and improve the work of the workers. The most famous, noted as a garlic supplements for Olympic athletes in the ancient Greece.
Research using mice proved the efficacy of garlic in increasing physical performance, but it's still a little bit of research done in humans. From existing research, to see that the heart disease sufferers who are consuming garlic oil for 6 weeks experienced a decrease in heart rate peak of 12 per cent, and their physical ability increases.
However, a study that examined the 9 cyclist not found the presence of garlic benefits to improve their performance. While other studies have shown that complaints of fatigue due to sport can be reduced by the ingestion of garlic.
3. Help prevent Alzheimer's and DementiaOxidative damage from free radicals triggered the aging process. Garlic contains antioxidant that supports the ability of the body's protection mechanisms against oxidative damage.
High-dose garlic supplements are known to be able to increase the antioxidant enzymes in humans, while also reducing oxidative stress significantly in those who suffer from high blood.
The combination of the benefits of garlic to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as the ability of antioxidants, may help prevent brain diseases such as Alzheimer's and dementia.
Maybe You Like ; Benefits of Peach Fruit for health That Required You Know
4. helps LongevityIndeed it is difficult to ascertain the benefits of garlic against ages of human life. But looking at a wide range of important health benefits it gives, such as lowering high blood, then it makes sense if the garlic is said to help you a long life.
The fact that garlic was able to eradicate infectious diseases are also worth considering. Due to the infection of the disease is one of the common causes of death, especially in the elderly or those with weak immune systems.
5. Prevent CancerThe institution of the National Cancer Institute recommend garlic as one of anti-cancer foods.
Also there are many studies which show that garlic can protect us from attacks of various types of cancer. One of the research proves that daily consumption of garlic in large quantities associated with a protective effect against colorectal and gastric cancer.
Other studies have also shown that the consumption of garlic in high doses can reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer. But although recommended as a cancer preventive foods, garlic is not quite effective if used as a cure for cancer.
6. Prevent Flu and coldsGarlic is known to be able to boost the immune system function. A large study for 12 weeks found that daily consumption of garlic supplements reduced the possibility of up to 63 percent of colds compared to placebo medication.
The length of time the onset of common cold symptoms are also reduced by up to 70 percent, from 5 days to 1.5 days in people who consumed garlic supplements.
Other studies have found that ingestion of high doses of garlic extract (2.56 g per day) was able to shorten the recovery time from a cold or flu to amounted to 61 percent.
So, if you often get sick because of the cold or flu, try add the garlic into the vernacular of the day menu. The benefits of garlic to add Your immune system will be very useful!
7. Lowers high bloodCardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks and strokes was the second most numerous diseases that kill people. Hypertension, or high blood, is one of the largest of the two triggers the disease.
Human studies found that garlic supplements have a significant influence on lowering blood pressure in people with hypertension.
In one study, the old garlic extract in doses of 600 – 1500 mg as effective as the drug Atenolol effects (high blood medications) in its ability to reduce blood pressure over a period of more than 24 weeks.
A dose of garlic supplements the grant must be high enough so that it produces the desired effect. The amount of intake of allicin from garlic supplements are needed for lowering high blood equivalent to about 4 cloves of garlic per day.
8. Lowers bad cholesterolGarlic is able to reduce total and LDL cholesterol levels. For those who have high cholesterol levels, it seems that the consumption of garlic supplements would reduce LDL and total cholesterol levels as much as approximately 10 – 15 percent.
If looking specifically at LDL and HDL cholesterol levels, seen that the efficacy of garlic in particular to lower the levels of LDL (bad cholesterol), but it does have an impact on the levels of HDL (good cholesterol). In addition, it seems that there is also no garlic benefits against triglyceride levels.
9. Improve bone healthStudies in mice showed the benefits of garlic to minimize the porous bone by way of increase of estrogen in female rats.
A study involving women menopause find that giving dried garlic extract per day (with equivalent dose of 2 grams of raw garlic) to significantly reduce the symptoms of estrogen deficiency.
This shows that garlic may be beneficial for bone health of a woman. A research has also proven that foods like garlic and onion are also beneficial for osteoarthritis (bone and joint erosion).
They are concerned because of excessive consumption of garlic will make body odor and bad breath are not. Protein content allinase in it any note can trigger allergies in some people, but this is very rare.
When you want to get the benefits of garlic without the side effects not went sour, we recommend the consumption to taste only. Also note the way of consumption, we recommend that you do not cook the garlic with high heat and for a long time, because the content in them will disappear if exposed to high heat.
Source : www.deherba.com