Carrots are rich in vitamin A
Carrots are the most foods rich in vitamin A, providing about 210% of adults per day. Carrots also contain 6% of vitamin C, 2% of 2% of calcium and needs from the needs of iron per portions.
These vegetables contain antioxidants beta-carotene that makes carrots orange color is bright enough. Beta-carotene is absorbed in the intestine and converted into vitamin A during the digestive process.
The content of Vitamin and minerals
The carrot is very super vegetables, it also contains fiber, vitamin K, potassium, folate, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin E and zinc that are desperately needed by the human body. In addition to the high nutrients, of carrot is also a trusted source of health, what are its benefits?
|Carrot Ginger Soup|
Health benefits of carrot to the body:
1. Reduce cancer riskIn the hydrate contain carrot charcoal, phosphorus, beta carotene that makes it very good for the health of the body. Content of beta carotene, is believed to prevent the body from cancer. Research shows, people who consume carrots 2 times a day, can lower the risk of disease 17% of breast cancer.
Other studies have also shown that carrots can reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. Researchers found the substance falcarinol and anticancer substances constituting falcarindiol.
Falcarinol is a natural pesticide produced by the carrot that protect roots from fungal diseases. The carrot is the only source of vegetables that have this substance. A study showed the risk of cancer 1/3 lower than the rats consume carrots.
2. Pressing the risk of heart diseaseConsume 6 seeds of carrot in a week, according to a new Harvard University study recently, can reduce the risk of bad cholesterol in the body, which can suppress the risk of heart disease. Antioxidants in carrots also help to lower high blood pressure, which can trigger heart disease.
3. Improve the human immune systemThe body's immune system can be strengthened also by carrot consumption regularly. Research shows eating carrots mixed with coriander, can prevent malicious viruses invade the body. Mix in the coriander Carrot Soup for consumption with the same time. Besides carrots also contain antioxidants, benefits of antioxidants known to be very important to keep and throw away the free radicals.
4. prevent a strokeStudies conducted at Harvard suggests that consumption of 6 carrots one Sunday can suppress the risk of stroke compared with those who only consume 1 pieces per month.
5. maintain eye healthCarrots are rich in deposits of beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver. Vitamin A is transformed in the retina, pigment, rhodopsin to purple needed to sharpen the vision at night.
Beta-carotene has also can protect against macular degeneration and cataracts which is one health problem that often occurs in the elderly. A study shows that people are consuming beta-carotene had a 40% lower risk of macular degeneration compared to those not taking it.
6. maintain kidney HealthHealing properties in carrot juice is very helpful for cleaning and filtering of the kidney. Although experts say that people with kidney disease should not drink juice, another turned out to be the case with carrot, these vegetables are very powerful for maintaining healthy kidneys. In closing this article, I will share to make carrot soup
Carrot benefits for the health of our bodiesCarrot Soup ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)one 16-ounce bag baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- one 32-ounce box low-sodium vegetable broth (I use Massel)
- Optional Accompaniments:
- Plain yogurt or sour cream (I used a bit of coconut milk)
- In a medium saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the carrots, ginger, salt, and broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the carrots are fork-tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender or with a hand blender until creamy and smooth.
- Serve, topped with a dollop of plain yogurt or sour cream if desired. I used a bit of coconut milk.
<< Read Also: Benefits of Broccoli And How to Make Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup >>
That's the carrot benefits for the health of our bodies, and an easy way to load the carrot soup, good luck & hopefully useful ...