Nutrient content in broccoli is very high vitamin content of vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin K and also contained an antioxidant made already complete and unique green vegetables this. A number of important minerals also can be produced by broccoli. Here are some of the content of broccoli
- Vitamin A, C, B, C, and K
Benefits of Broccoli For the health of the body:1. Controlling Cholesterol
2. It is important for eye health
3. It is better to keep the digestive system
4. The source of antioxidants
5. Enhance the Immune System
6. Effectively Prevent Cancer
7. Controlling Blood Pressure
8. Maintain a healthy heart
|Benefits of Broccoli And How to Make Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup|
I always start winter meals with a bowl of soup, and this simple cream of broccoli soup is on the menu for this year! This hearty green soup is quick and easy (you can throw it together in less than 30 minutes), and it is absolutely delicious.
When making plant based soups the broth you use is critical. Because you're not using chicken broth or meat to hit that umami note, you need a broth that has incredible flavor, but not an overbearing taste that overpowers that natural character of the vegetables. In a perfect world we would make our own broth, but most of us don't have the time. So, convenience products come in really handy when you need to get a quick healthy meal on the table in a limited amount of time.
There are a lot of commercial vegetable broths on the market. But, most of them either taste bland and revolting, are oversalted and have too many additives, or could be mistaken for MSG-assisted swill. Thank goodness for the amazing Massel vegetable broth. I grew up using Massel (like most families in Australia), and would never use anything else. I have been using Massel stock cubes and broth for over 35 years, and I still haven't found any other commercial product that comes anywhere close to the depth of flavor and purity of the Massel products.
The Massel broth is so incredible, they dominate over 70% of the market in Australia. I don't know an Aussie family that doesn't have their product in their pantry. It's almost a national treasure like Vegemite! But, unlike Vegemite, Massel is still Australian owned, and still a family owned company. I love that.
I am so delighted that Massel products (bouillon cubes and liquid broth) is now available in the United States. And it is taking the country by storm! I literally did a cartwheel in the grocery store aisle when I found it at my local Gelsons! I am so relieved that I no longer have to cart boxes of bouillon cubes back in my suitcase and now have more room for my clothes! Use the store locator to find out where you can get Massel in your local area.
Everybody I give the broth to completely freaks out when they taste it, agreeing with me that it is the best broth they have ever tried. It is so good you can literally drink it like tea! And the best part? It is inexpensive, tastes phenomenal, and is gluten-free, vegan (dairy-free and egg-free), preservative free, kosher, no trans fats, GMO-free, no added MSG, low carb, and salt reduced. This broth is made with all natural ingredients, and you can buy broth in the form that you like, too.
You can get Massel broth in concentrated liquid stock, bouillon cubes, handy travel 7's cubes, and all-purpose bouillon powder and seasoning. You can get Massel broth in three flavors - vegetable, chicken, and beef, and they are all vegan! The chicken broth literally tastes like it's made with chicken fat, but it is not! Sooooo good!
I use Massel broth in all of my soups. But, I also use it to add flavor to salad dressings, sauces, gravies, marinades, stews, dips, vegetable purees, dips, roasted vegetables, and so much more. I have even used it in savory smoothies!
But, back to this soup! This brilliant broccoli bowl tastes like it's got gobs of cream in it, but the velvety texture comes from the alchemy created between the cauliflower and blanched almonds or cashews. Oh, the amazing results you can get in your blender!
This soup is sensational, and freezes really well. Enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy a delicious meal with your family and friends, and that the holidays bring you joy.
Ingredients To Make Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 cup (150g) diced yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) cauliflower florets
- 7 cups (1.65l) Massel vegetable broth
- 8 cups (600g) roughly chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup (35g) blanched slivered almonds or raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
How To Make...
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic, onions, and 1/4 teaspoon of natural salt for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the cauliflower and sauté for another minute. Add the Massel vegetable broth, increase the heat to high, and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer partially covered for about 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is just tender.
- Add the broccoli. The broth may not completely cover the vegetables but the broccoli will release liquid as it cooks. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, just until the broccoli is al dente and still vibrant green. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly; stir in the nuts. Pour the soup into your blender in batches and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Return the soup to the saucepan and warm it over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, and serve with crusty bread or a scoop of cooked grains.
<< Read Also: How to Make French Lentil and Arugula Salad >>
So Benefits of Broccoli For the health of the body & how to make vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup, good luck. May be useful...
Recipes by: healthyblenderrecipes.com
Recipes by: healthyblenderrecipes.com